Title: Proposal Coordinator
Work Location: Dominion National, Arlington, VA
Direct Supervisor: Proposal Manager
Position Status: Full-Time
Dominion National, a leading provider of dental and vision benefits in the Mid-Atlantic area, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Proposal Coordinator.
The Proposal Coordinator is responsible for the creation, writing, production and distribution of competitive marketing proposals and presentations. This position manages the proposal development process from concept to completion, supports special projects and will be a key contributor to the Company’s sales and marketing initiatives.
Essential Job Functions (include but are not limited to):
- Determines proposal strategy by identifying request for proposal (RFP) requirements, collaborating with Sales, Underwriting and other departments as necessary
- Meets proposal deadlines through effective time management, establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, assembly and distribution
- Writes compelling content to differentiate Dominion’s offerings
- Produces competitive market analyses and reports
- Continuously improves proposal responses and aligns proposal messaging with corporate goals in order to retain current customers and acquire new customers
- Creates marketing outreach materials and presentations for targeted distribution channels
- Engages frequently with key internal stakeholders and Dominion leadership
- Provides regular and ad hoc reporting to leadership and key stakeholders
- Seeks opportunities for improvement within current processes and procedures
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, journalism, marketing or a related field.
- 2+ years experience in a marketing, communications, journalism or writing function.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple simultaneous projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt writing style to different audiences.
- Possesses strong analytics skills.
- Possesses strong skills in the following areas: time management, written and verbal communication, analytical, problem solving and proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Dental benefits/insurance industry experience a plus.
For the ideal candidate we offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including medical, dental, disability, 401(k) company match, paid parking or metro stipend, paid holidays, and paid time off. For immediate consideration, please forward a cover letter including salary requirements (required) and resume to hr@DominionNational.com or fax to 703.518.8849 with subject line: Proposal Coordinator.